Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Quick Sunshine Drink



So with winter stretching out forever like it has been, I have something that will brighten the winter blues -no wait, let me rephrase that- I have something that will completely blow the winter blues out of the water! If you are anything like me, you love winter...for so long. And then "sNaP" it's over and you start searching for a glimpse of sunshine and fresh air somewhere in this blessed country! I am proud to say that I found some today. I call it my "Quick Sunshine Drink" and let me tell you, it's amazing!  Two minutes max!
Recipe

1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice.
1 banana, cut into chunks. (I used frozen -half thawed-)
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ice cubes


Drain pineapple. Reserve 3/4 cup juice. combine reserved juice and all other ingredients in blender and process until smooth. Pour into glasses and; garnish with slice of lime or banana. 

Serves 4


Even the magazine hints of Summer dreaming! lol

1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! - Emelie