Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cinderella Ballet (Part One)

On Thursday Mama drove all of us Ballenger girls and our Aunt Beverly down to Birmingham  for a special girls day out to attend the Alabama Ballet performance of "Cinderella" at Samford University's Wright Center. Who doesn't enjoy art at its finest?!?! It was a blast! We even ran into a few dear friends and their families whom we had not seen in a long time and talked for a few minutes before the performance started. The whole day was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back.   I took a bunch of pictures so I had to split them into two different posts for you guys! *wink* 


Marissa and myself



I was still figuring out which setting worked best without using flash at this point so the pictures are not really clear. But I finally figured it out and snapped away. I think I took around 300? LOL





They were absolutely beautiful. The very picture of gracefulness. 


Cinderella! 



I LOVED her coach! It sparkled beautifully in the lights and was the very picture of a fairy tale ride. 


The Ball was enchanting! The lights changed to match the dancers' costumes as they appeared and glittered magically. 



And then the Wicked Step-Mother and her two Daughters arrived. Everyone erupted into bouts of laughter. They were hideous and the very picture of what not to be as a lady. Oh my gracious! 



They created such a scene when it came their turn to make an impression on the Prince. They obviously would do anything to be the Prince's bride. LOL



The poor Prince was a little taken aback, and I do believe they scared him to death...as well as the Guard! 
















This pretty much sums up the performance by the Wicked Stepsisters!  




End of Part One......

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I have never gone to a ballet performance but I must put it on the list, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! - Emelie