Tuesday, March 4, 2014

*Family Approved* recipe #1

Today's recipe is........?!?!?!?!?!?! 
(Drum Roll Please)

*Better-then-takeout Chicken Fried Rice*!!!!!

 ********
Wow, this recipe turned out wayyyyyy better then I could have imagined! I have always been a fan of cooking as simply as possible and if that's not "possible" ...then just going all out fancy! I'm a "go from one extreme to the other" kinda girl when it comes to cooking! Lol. This recipe would definitely fit in the "easy" category. And guess what!?!?! It is my very first Pinterest recipe to try! (Happy Dance) Ok, enough with the rambling. I made only two minor mistakes while preparing this tasty meal all by myself. Number one, I thawed and cooked the vegetables in Canola oil instead of sesame seed oil (tasted great though) And Number two, I added tariyaki sauce at the end instead of  the Soy Sauce! ): LOL. All in all it turned out amazing and there was not a fork full left when the family was through eating.
(And there have been many requests for me to make it next week from many family members)
But next time I am planning on making a few tweaks and eliminating/correcting any mistakes!
*********

Step one
I set the crock pot on low, poured in enough Teriyaki Sauce to properly soak the chicken and let it slow cook all night.
Mama purchased this brand solely because it does not have any MSG in it. Though that may not be a big deal to some of you, most all of us in my family are highly allergic to it. Especially me! ( I speak from experience)

Next I poured the rice into a pot of water and set it to the correct heat suggested on the package.
When it was done later that night the rice was put in the fridge and the chicken continued to soak.
The next evening I cut up all the chicken into bite sized pieces.
 (For all the small mouths around the table)  The chicken was flavored on the outside well enough but the inside still remained slightly bland. So I soaked the pieces once again in moreTeriyaki sauce.

Turned out pretty yummy!
I have a fun little habit of laying everything out before I start....hee hee

I heated up canola oil and then I started cooking the Peas, Carrots, Onion and Garlic together

Then I added the eggs. (I must say it was extremely hard trying to keep the eggs on their side while they cooked!)

Then I mixed everything together!

Yummmmm
Then I added the Rice and more "Teriyaki Sauce"...hahahah. 


It was SO GOOD! My Mom just laughed and laughed as I told her how I had done everything step by step.....exclaiming every time I told her "innocently" how I had added this or that (wrong) ingredient.

All in all it turned out quite successfully though!

I attached  the original recipe below but I had to triple everything to accommodate our large family.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups rice, prepared
  • ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked (I recommend using slow cooker teriyaki chicken, link above)
  • 1 cup peas & carrots, frozen
  • 1 white onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons sesame oil
  • ¼ cup soy sauce

Instructions

  1. Prepare rice according to package instructions to yield 3 cups cooked rice.
  2. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
  3. Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots. Stir fry until tender.
  4. Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables.
  5. Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce to pan. Stir in soy sauce and remove from heat.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! - Emelie